Thursday, August 27, 2009

7 Simple Rules of Chat...

For those of you who are recent newbies to this blog or even original addicted viewers... you unfortunately know very little about me beyond what you read in my profile. Most of you by now have figured out that my profile is as credible as wildbp's love for chat hos... and that I am not willc49er.

What has been hurting me deeply as of late is that I feel I know you all so much better than you know me. Some of you THINK you know me, which makes it fucking with you even more hilarious. (Just to let you know, my lawyers have advised me to reveal myself as to avoid any more legal action that has been taken up against me. I was like..." thanks, but no thanks... let them pursue.")

Anyway, I have spent the last year or so bouncing around chat rooms, specifically, NHL:1, and I have learned many a thing in that past year. Per the request of so many readers, I graciously shared those chat stories with you. Now it seems that I have offended a few people and have overstepped my boundaries. I generally posted what chatters put out on their own or spoke of over the microphone. Sadly, some thought I was the asshole. But it's you... the chatters... might I remind you, that write this blog. YOU put your business out there for others to read / hear / and see. I only posted as a convenience for those that were not present at the time that wanted to be kept up on the drama.

Now I'm thinking maybe one more post, then wrapping it up. A post on chat room survival.



Rule #1: Don't use your real name.

Okay, maybe your first name is okay. The point being that a simple Google search on one's full name will reveal, piece by piece, lies, personal information, lies, and yeah... more lies. You'll embarrass yourself, you'll leave chat for a day, you'll come back under a 'lurking ID' and get even more upset at seeing fellow chatters are still talking about you. Which takes us to...

Rule #2: It is only a chat room, therefore, DO NOT TAKE WHAT IS SAID IN IT SERIOUSLY.

I repeat, DO NOT TAKE WHAT IS SAID IN CHAT SERIOUSLY. I've seen and heard of way too much heartache because chatters took what was said with 100% seriousness. Remember, this is the Internet. Which takes us to...

Rule #3: Chatters say things that they wouldn't dare say in real life. Some people lie in order to build up their tiny self esteem so as to make themselves feel superior. So keep in mind that when a chatter starts spewing anger, dropping F-bombs, throwing out 'sons', and starts telling 'your momma jokes'... there is no reason to run, cry, hide, etc. Strong chatters learn from these experiences. Which leads us to...

Rule #4: Constructive debate is a good thing. You can actually learn a lot and make friends while constructively debating a topic or constructively talking about a topic. Some chatters have made a ton of friends during my time spent in NHL:1. I have found that if you treat people the way you want to be treated (just like in real life), more often than not, they'll have your back if a particular discussion you're participating in happens to turn nasty. Pussies that use ignore, raise the white flag, talk shit behind other chatters back are the biggest losers of chat rooms. Which leads us to...


Rule #5: Being able to control the situation 100% of the time. When a discussion turns nasty and the venom (or in some cases sperm) seems to hitting from all sides, don't respond in the same way. Rise above it all. Keep cool and stay the course, because if you do, the more irrational the chatters (or sonners) get, but more importantly, you'll get respect from others who may not agree with your point of view, but will admire what you do.

See, I've been able to deal with troublesome people simply by keeping my chatting in a room rational, thoughtful and respectful. Troublesome people hate that. The more rational I get, the more erratic and hysterical chatters get. More importantly, I can find a person's button to push with my viewpoint and hammer it home with enough efficiency to make an interrogator proud. But if that is not possible, then...


Rule #5: If you need to fight fire with fire, do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a piece of chat 'scrap.There have been many chat sessions where I've had to fight fire with fire. I've ripped chatters apart the 'Leatherface" way (chain saw jobs) but with razor-like efficiency. I don't normally recommend doing this, (mainly because you can't) but if you need to seriously reign in a piece of chat 'scrap that is creating havoc for you and your chat mates, this is the way to go. First off, find that particular something that you know will set them off, and secondly, keep working it until they implode. Sonning 101!

Rule #6: Keep your chatters close by not giving them too much ammo. I know that this sounds really strange, but if you want to stay friends with the chatters you meet, don't give them too much personal info. Only give them what you're willing to share with everyone else online, because you can never tell what that person is really like in the real world. I've seen firsthand, the total destruction of people's personal lives, simply because one party got offended over an imagined or real slight, and decided to get even by using info that was given to them in confidence. To this day, I'm very leery of what might happen to me with some of the leftover info that former friends still have on me, which really isn't much, as I live by 7 Simple Rules of Chat.

Rule #7: Don't be afraid to report someone.Seriously, if you're being stalked, harassed or made to look like fool (trust me, there are ways), report the troublesome person. I haven't much to say on this rule. If more information is needed, get with your local piece of chat 'scrap in NHL:1.

So my fellow chatters, bloggers, sonners and yes you too, chat 'scrap... if you remember these 7 Simple Rules of Chat, then you'll always have a decent time participating in NHL:1 or any other chat rooms.

Okay, I've done my part in trying to rebuild NHL:1... what will you do?

Wow, all that typing and I only brought up the names of 2 chatters.

I wonder if I'll be allowed to recieve comments, or will I be shut down. If so, please comment responsibly.








16 comments:

boltsgirlvl4 said...

Thanks for the advice, blogger! I think I'll stick with chatting. I to0 saw the danger of giving friends too much ammo. Who needs all that stuff being shared with the world? Those titty pics were for Thorntons eyes only, then Jerzzzey got them, then Mary......

hermes said...

Dear blogger,

I am saddened to read that this may be your last blog operating under this website, because I didn't think that you would give in so quickly. The repercussions must be somewhat serious.

I won't be surprised if people remember who I really am, since I revealed it in chat not too long ago, but, for old time's sake, I thought I would throw up one last witty, well-spoken comment under this identity... since frankly those are few and far between here.

You make a few good points in your "7 Rules" and I, luckily, have managed to follow them for the most part, but you forgot one thing... as closely as one may follow these guidelines, there are always border-line psychotic, no-life chatters who push above and beyond simply because they have nothing else to do, and make the chatroom their life, since they have nothing else to live by.

There are plenty of chatters who haven't released their last name, but due to the persistence and obsessions of others, they are searched meticulously, sought out, and discovered anyway. Many people's last names have been discovered this way, so, maybe, as a last bit of advice, you should address those who are considered the bacterial infested scum at the bottom of the NHL1 pond... although, I doubt they'd listen anyway.

These last names are discovered, and then tossed about, and then posted on this blog, attached to what may seem like a joke at the time and are obviously said for kicks, but not everyone searching a specific name knows that things are fake. And, as I can tell you've realized, that is a pretty bad idea in any situation since most future employers now google the names of prospective employees and search facebook, twitter, etc. to find information.

In your defense, it's a new way of checking records using social networking sites and internet search engines, so maybe you didn't really think about that part when you were simply ranting about an insignificant chatroom, but it's a 21st century problem now that everyone has to be conscious of when surfing the net.

______

Also, pointer to those out there with facebooks, twitters, myspace, etc. -- do NOT post a drunken photo of yourself as your profile pic. Future employers WILL see that even if they cannot access your profile.
_______

Anyway, blogger, in defense of most chatters and to reiterate one of your 7 Rules, many chatters talk themselves up, talk themselves down, or keep relatively mum about their actual lives -- with that point, keep in mind that some of the characteristics you THINK people have in chat, do not have them in reality, good or bad.

A lesson to everyone is don't judge a chatter by their yahooID, or their boastful/humble typing skills. You'll more than likely be wrong when trying to analyze anyone in such a situation. Those who have met chatters in REAL life will undoubtedly have a different perspective on those people than those in chat do, that I am certain.


So, blogger, if this is indeed your last post, I bid a farewell to arms, or in this case, to sonning. It was a "good" run, with ups and downs and threats of legal repercussions, but it definitely obtained the original goal of creating this blog in the first place:

Attention.


May Zeus be with you and all the others who have graced NHL1 with their presence,

Hermes.

nashvillepredsfan said...

first bill leaves chat, now he's bailing on his blog. i liked it when bill had balls. nice ones might i add.

Anonymous said...

blogger retiring? say it isnt so

fictiontits said...

justine galho and cck2ca in pm plotting revenge against the blogger.
between the two of them they can hardly unscrew a lightbulb.
no worries blogger.
dont leave us now.
i bet they're both viewing the blog now. l-)

yahoo_admin said...

Our records indicate cck2ca that you're a serious chat addict. Please cut down to 18 hours a day. Get a life other than chat.

michael_bilander said...

cck smoked six cigarettes shortly after sucking seven samoan cocks and successfully swallowing some semen.

lolol say that 10 times fast with that lisp or yours cck =))=))=))

Talker! Yeah! said...

"Sounds good. Wonder how long they'll talk about that for in NHL1? :)...funny as hell how easy it is.."

That people, is edbels quote in a baseball fantasy league "smack talk" section where chat drama is against policy and strictly forbidden by the commissioner, TML, unless of course the rules have changed since I last read them, who knows. :))

So edbel, you were wondering how long "they'll" talk about it in nhl:1? Exactly who is "they'll"? No one really gives a shit to my knowledge, they/we just like fuckin' with you. :))

I have a question for you, edbel? How long did it take you to post chat drama onto your Facebook page? What a joke. Don't you get enough drama in nhl1 and fantasy message boards without posting elsewhere? Don't worry about answering me.. as the answer is pretty obvious. :))

What's it like to be as old as you are, edbel, trapped in a 9 year old body, mentally and probably physically? Is this what I have to look forward to after chatting for 13-14 years like yourself and reach 40?

Edbel, next time post while sober, faggit or are you another one of those chatters who only speaks when drunk? Balls drop after a beer or two? :))

Too funny at TML's comment in response to edbel - "when they get laid,were talking a few years maybe". I almost fell off my fuckin chair when I saw TML type out the word "laid" :)). I'd love to hear of TML's conquests of pussy. :))

So unlike you all who like to post shit in places you don't think I can get to, or when you do post here it's under anonymous (hence the reason I use the word coward so often) I'll post my comment(s) here for all to see - now and probably in the future, as you two will undoubtedly give me reason to comment. :))

I'm looking forward to your response boys, or to anyone else's. Maybe I should start a blog :X. Hey blogger, do you object? I'm sure it won't be a threat to yours. :))

So, if you need a name for your lawyer, TML, that is if you're still going after the blogger give him my first and middlel name if you'd like.

JonathOn StephAn - last name provided upon subpoena. :))

Maybe you guys can ask around chat, I'm sure someone can provide you with some info on me, even my last name too. Lord knows there are about a dozen folk who would love to see my head on a platter. :))

You all have a nice day. Talk to you soon. :))

Love,

Talker

Anonymous said...

I would use my yahoo name but it was already taken when you posted my name for your bullshit purposes. so sad Jon that you and Anita (not2educated) obsess over how long person A or Person B are online. do you pay for these peoples Internet bills? does the amount of time people go online in their free time empower your life that much? Jon and Anita if that is the biggest thing going on in your life then your life must be pathetic,check that ,your life is pathetic because you two have a blog of a chatroom,a goddamn chatroom,And in response to your previous post,I would contact a lawyer but A: I will just ignore your idiocy and B: if I did decide to take action like that Jon you would fake your death again anyway, also I was tapping pussy long before not2 started her first year at university,btw not2 how long have you been in university now. eight years? =))
Have a nice dayl -)

Anonymous said...

the blog isn't written by jon or tasha. It's written by hots and daisy_aday. How hasn't anyone figured that out yet?

Think about it...

edbeldrunk said...

Comments sections are where loaded guns of idiocy discharge reams of retard bullets into innocent and unsuspecting bodies of text, leaving all of language itself wounded and bleeding. Which brings me to a certain 30 year old "man"...

It’s been said that those who ignore history are doomed to repeat. Talker has been repeating the same routine for his entire life-crying, bitching, moaning, chatting almost 24/7, hiding behind his $4 dollar keyboard that he bought from Walmart, making up things as he goes along, and otherwise just being a toddler about everything and anything.

We've never heard you pipe up on the mic before, typer_a_typer... hmmmmm. So get out chat, gain some sort of meaningful employment(no picking fruit doesn't count), quit being a hypocrite, keep dreaming of visions of Tasha, meeting you after 7 years, remain in your head, and let the truth fester away at your weak-minded feebleness. Not being laid for 30 years, sure had made you a cranky little snot.

In short, there are a dozen toilets available for every one verbal shit.

Been a slice blogger, as I will no longer be reading your blogs. :)

P.S- That pic of you in that NHL1 picture blog, sure makes you look like a womaan. Having gender issues there, Joanna?

Anonymous said...

Dear Paul Blart:

I followed in your footsteps of "Mall Coppery" as an astute friend of mine once said. I want to commend you for giving us regular mall cops some dignity to hold our heads high, unless of course we're hiding behind a keyboard and throwing out accusations to those we've never met in real life and only in a chat room environment.

I look forward to Mall Cop 2, I hope I could request that you film it at the Mall of America so I can perhaps grace the camera with a small cameo?

Sincerely, your biggest fan...

Chris Dunn
Mall Cop
The great state of Minnesota

Talker! Yeah! said...

You still didn't answer the Q, edbel - why post on FaceBook? No one was listening in nhll or the message boards of fantasy leagues? :))

You say you're not viewing the blog anymore, but I have a $4 keyboard from Wal*Mart that says you will.

Any takers?

Time for another bowl of Fiber One cereal. I shall return. :))

anonymous, because someone has already used MY id said...

wtf, TML at using anonymous because someone has already taken your name. :)) at you, tml, tapping or banging anything but your head against your basement wall out of frustration.

how many more years of university does not2 need before she can be a fantasy commissioner? thats something you may want to discuss with her. :))

i'm c-c-c-c-c-c-c-c-u-m-m-m-ing said...

cck2ca you faggit since when is an education such a bad thing. rofl-)
you should try it sometime. maybe you will learn the basics of grammar and punctuation. isn't the standard rule after using a comma (,) one space?
rofl-)
cck is it true you only casually date the deaf so they dont have to listen to you stumble and trip over your speech impediment?

Anonymous said...

Who said I was cck?

Chris Dunn
Mall Cop
The great state of Minnesota